Administratively, NEITI is made up of the National Stakeholders Working Group (NSWG) and the NEITI Secretariat.The governing body of the NEITI is the National Stakeholders Working Group, NSWG.
- Formulates policies, programmes and strategies for effective implementation of the objectives and functions of NEITI.
- Approves annual budgets and work-plans of the NEITI Secretariat.
- Provides policy direction, guidance and ensures periodic review of programme performance of the secretariat.
- Constitutes such Special Committees as it considers fit to deal with different aspects of its responsibilities.
- Creates departments and engages services of such staff and consultants, as it may consider necessary for effective administration of NEITI.
- Ensures engagement of reputable audit firms for the purpose of annual NEITI audits.
- Regulates the functions and responsibilities NEITI.
APPOINTMENT, COMPOSITION & TENURE
The NSWG is constituted by the President of Nigeria and members serve onpart-time basis. The Executive Secretary/ Chief Executive Officer of NEITI also serves as Secretary to the NSWG and is onfull time appointment.The NSWG is made up of 15 members drawn from the extractive industry, civil society,labour unions in the extractive sector, and representatives of the sixgeo-political zones of Nigeria. A person appointed asmember of the NSWG shall hold office for a single term of four years. The Executive Secretary is appointed for a single term of five years (See NEITI Act 2007 Section 6 for details).
The NSWG is also constituted into the following committees:
A. Standing Committees
• Audit and Risk Committee
• Finance and General Purpose Committee
• Human Resources Committee
• Communications Committee
• Board Tender Committee
• Ethics Committee
B. Stakeholder Related Committees
• Civil Society Steering Committee
• Extractive Industry Committee
• Technical Committee
• Inter-Ministerial and Remediation Committee.
NSWG MEMBERS: 2016 - 2020
The 4th National Stakeholders Working Group (NSWG) of the NEITI has been reconstituted by President Muhammadu Buhari.
The NSWG which is the decision-making body for the NEITI is Chaired by Dr. Kayode Fayemi- Minister of Solid Minerals Development while Mr. Waziri Adio serves as the Executive Secretary.
See the list of 2016 - 2020 NSWG Board Members
NSWG MEMBERS: 2012 - 2015
President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has reaffirmed Nigeria’s commitment to the full implementation of the principles of extractive industries transparency initiative in the Nigerian oil, gas and mining sector. The President gave this assurance through the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim while inaugurating the Board of Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative in Abuja.
See the list of 2012 - 2016 NSWG Board Members
NSWG MEMBERS: 2008 - 2012
The National Stakeholders Working Group (NSWG) is the governing body of NEITI. The NSWG is responsible for the formulation of policies, programmes and strategies for effective implementation of NEITI’s mandate. The NSWG is made up of eminent Nigerians carefully drawn from diverse areas of the country and the extractive sector. The NSWG is led by Professor Assisi Asobie. The Executive Secretary of NEITI is responsible for the day to day administration of NEITI. The ES also serves as the Secretary of the NSWG.
See the list of 2008 - 2012 NSWG Board Members